This article will cover how you go about plugging the OverPlay VPN service into Viscosity, for which there are no instructions on how to do anywhere on the net.
If you have questions about what OverPlay or Viscosity is, then this article is not for you.
Download the OverPlay connections list from here.
Download the OverPlay CA cert from here.
Have your username and password handy
Choose the server you want to connect to from the server list.
Making it happen
- Uncompress the connections file
- Bring up Preferences in Viscosity.
- Click on the + icon in the bottom left corner and import a desired connection from the uncompressed connections file.
- Select the newly imported connection and click on Edit.
- In the General tab, change the remote server address to your chosen server. Pay attention to the port and protocol. For “Safe Mode” connections, use port 443 and TCP. This will allow you to bypass restrictive firewalls by making your traffic indistinguishable from normal HTTP traffic. If you do not have to worry about firewalls, leave the fields as default.
- In the Authentication tab, select the CA and choose the OverPlay CA cert. Leave the Cert and Key fields blank.
- In Networking, tick Send all traffic over VPN connection.
- Save the connection and connect away!